It's great to start your week with a plan, this way you can become much more motivated for the week and you're less likely to fall off. Preparation is key and that's why we've made you a full week of workouts so you don't have to do the hard bit.
Give it a go and let us know how you feel at the end of the 7 days.
It's important to get moving first thing in the morning so get started with a quick walk round the block or a few star jumps and sprints in the garden then we're going onto:
5 min incline walk
Glute activation :
- Donkey kicks (each leg) 4 x 20 reps
- Fire hydrants (each leg) 4 x 20 reps
- Hip thrusts with abduction 4 x 20 reps ( hold at the top for 30 seconds at the end of each rep.
- Monster walks 4 x 20 reps
- Weighted barbel hip thrusts 3 x 8 reps
- Weighted sumo squats 3 x 8 reps
- Dumbbell reverse lunge (each leg) 3 x 10 reps
- Seated banded abductions 4 x 20 reps
10 minute walk
5k outdoor Run (or as far as you can manage) a great tip is to avoid planning a route and just run as far as possible, that way you have to walk back and burn those extra calories. Avoid looking at your watch if you have one as sometimes it can be off putting, just pop on some music and see how far you can go!
- 10 min crosstrainer
- Lateral pull down 4 x 8 reps
- Rope pushdowns 4 x 8 reps
- Barbell shoulder press 4 x 8 reps
- Bent over row 4 x 8 reps
- DB lateral raises 4 x 8 reps
- DB fornt raises 4 x 8 reps
- DB curls 4 x 8 reps
- Bench dips 4 x 8 reps
10 min walk
Try put a class whether it's at the gym or just by yourself on youtube. Try something fun like zumba or a dance workout. There's so much to choose from.
Hit / Core
10 min rowing machine
- Barbell sumo deadlift 3 x 40s
- DB thrusters 3 x 40s
- Mountain climbers 3 x 40s
- Plank jacks 3 x 40s
- DB Goblet squat 3 x 50s
- Burpees 3 x 50s
- Walkout to press up 3 x 50s
- Hollow hold
Cool down :
10 min walk
Take this as a rest day or if you still wan't to make it a full week try another 5k run or go on a long walk/hike.
Finish off your week with a spot of yoga so you feel relaxed and recharged for the week.
Tweak these workouts to work for you, whether you want heavier weights with lower reps or lighter weights with higher reps. The main thing is to stay consistent and make sure it works for you.